Recover Faster and Reduce Pain With Massage Therapy!
Helping your body with massage therapy can produce significant benefits:
- Cause changes in the blood. The oxygen capacity of the blood can increase 10-15% after a massage.
- Massage can help loosen contracted, shortened muscles and can stimulate weak, flaccid muscles.
This muscle “balancing” can help posture and promote more efficient movement.
- Increase the body’s secretions and excretions. There is a proven increase in the production of gastric juices, saliva, and urine.
- Enhance skin conditioning. Massage directly improves the function of the sebaceous (oil) and sweat glands which keep the skin lubricated, clean, cooled. Tough, inflexible skin can become softer and more supple.
- Affect the nervous system. Massage balances the nervous system by soothing or stimulating it, depending on which effect is needed by the individual at the time of the massage.
- Affect internal organs. By indirectly or directly stimulating nerves that supply internal organs, blood vessels of these organs dilate and allow greater blood supply to them.
- Speed recovery from muscle fatigue that occurs after exercise.
Treat muscle pain and injury, or rejuvenate through relaxation.